World Space Week Association (WSWA) seeks a poster artist to design the World Space Week 2018 poster. UN-declared World Space Week is the largest space event on Earth, held October 4-10 each year. In 2017, it was celebrated with over 3,800 events in 82 nations. Each year, the Association publishes a poster which is used around the world. The poster reflects the annual theme of World Space Week. In 2018 the theme will be “Space Unites the World.”
This solicitation is open to all amateur and professional artists.
The selected artist will receive publicity across the global space community:
- Artist name and link will be on the poster which will be distributed, both in print and electronically, to over 1,000 World Space Week event organizers. The poster will also be seen by global space leaders, such as at the UN Committee On the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (UN-COPUOS), International Astronautical Congress, and other venues
- Press release by WSWA announcing selected artist and promoted via all our social media channels
Please note that there will be no compensation paid to the winning artist.
The poster needs to reflect the “Space Unites the World.” The theme is inspired by UNISPACE+50 which will be held in 2018.
The poster should be bold and simple, to be easily understood and acceptable internationally. Please see our historic poster gallery for examples of past posters.
Email a color PDF of your rough poster concept(s) together with Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Central European Time on 12 January 2018.
FINAL ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS
- B2 size (500 x 707mm or 19.7 x 27.8 in)
- Either landscape or portrait orientation
- Full color
- EPS or TIF electronic file format with a minimum of 300 dpi
- Contain theme text
- Contain large text “World Space Week” in English
- Contain event date “4-10 October 2018″ in English
- Contain small text “World Space Week, 4-10 October 2018″ in Chinese, Arabic, French, Spanish and Russian.
- Contain the World Space Week logo and URL.
- Contain a white banner at the bottom for our sponsor’s logos (to be added just prior to printing).
- Contain copyright statement.
- Not contain material copyrighted by any entity except WSWA.
- Provide two versions of the final artwork: One with and one without text. The latter shall only include the copyright statement.
12 Jan 2018 – Concepts are submitted
09 Feb 2018 – Winning concept is selected
28 Feb 2018 – Draft of final artwork is submitted by artist
31 Mar 2018 – Final artwork is submitted by artist
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Artists submitting concepts must agree to prepare final artwork according to the schedule above and meet all other requirements and conditions stated herein. Application form can be downloaded from here.
- Works received without signed Application form and after the deadline will not be considered.
- The selected artist will receive publicity but will not receive any compensation.
- The poster will be copyrighted by World Space Week Association. The artist shall not use the artwork in any other way without the Association’s written consent.
- Concepts not selected remain property of the submitting artists.
- The Association has the right to not to select any of submitted concepts.
For more information, please contact WSWA Executive Director Mr. Goran Nikolasevic, email@example.com.